Dear guests and visitors,
during your visit and stay on the territory of Rila monastery, with a view to observe the established church order, we kindly entreat you to follow these rules:
It is not allowed:
- smoking in the monastery complex;
- entry in the complex with improper attire: short skirts, shorts, vests, and all other kinds of skimpy outfit;
- taking photographs and videos in the temple and in the monastery museum;
- going upstairs on the floors of the residential buildings;
- making noise, as well as entering with pets.
When in the temple:
- observe silence by all means;
- men enter without hats;
- it is forbidden to enter with perambulators, tourist backpacks and other kinds of bulku baggage;
-when we pray in front of the icons, or in front of the chest with the relics of Saint John, we should not place our hands on them. The Holy Icons, as well as the relics, are honored only with kissing;
- the lit candles are not held in hands, but they are placed in the appropriate places: the low candelabra for peace and the high candelabra for health;
-it is not accepted the sit in the temple with crossed legs, to keep hands in pockets, as well as the use of mobile devices.
Thank you for understanding!